Avionics News January 2017 - 23
And, there's still more
Garmin's G1000 NXi package also supports these
* Advanced Doppler weather radar capabilities are
available, including ground clutter suppression and
turbulence detection as options.
* NEXRAD weather radar imagery can be overlaid on
the moving map and animated on the MFD, as well
as the HSI map.
* Vertical Situation Display incorporates terrain profile
view on the MFD, taking into consideration the active
flight plan, altitude constraints and winds.
* Geo-referenced sectional charts, as well as IFR high/
low en route charts can now be displayed on the MFD.
* Pilots can preview departure and arrival procedures
on the MFD.
* COMM frequency identification displays now show
do it all
the station ID along with frequency type.
Pilots can optionally overlay European Visual
Reporting Points on the moving map, as VRPs are
standard within the navigation database.
Three-color terrain awareness shading employs green,
yellow and red contouring to show when the aircraft
is, respectively, 2,000 feet, 1,000 feet and 100 feet
above ground level.
The sum of the parts: NXi serves up an
excellent upgrade from the original G1000
Aircraft installations will begin soon.
And, of course, the G1000 NXi offers greater weight
savings than the original.
With its improved graphics and expanded capabilities,
the NXi will soon be the coveted upgrade for aircraft
eligible to receive its benefits. q
The do CAPSULE from FDS is the most advanced
wireless IFE system for business aviation.
* Endless entertainment
* Easy installation and operation
* No expensive internet required
Call 800.513.1672 for details.